Re: GPPP applet

* jcromwell@us.ibm.com (jcromwell@us.ibm.com) wrote:

> kppp is a very good program. Gnome would be well served by something comparable
> or maybe a port?

A port? kppp runs on Linux, so does Gnome. A port? No need.

In the terminal window next to this Eterm, I shall now type kppp. Oh
look, there it is. kppp runs fine here, I have Gnome-session running
etc, but kppp runs fine.

(I don't use it, I use scripts/modemlights)

Most Kde progs run just fine here.

This is probably because I'm using CVS e, which has a growing kde-hint
support library thanks to Rasterman. The next release will contain
this functionality. The current cvs lets me run Kde apps with few
problems. (I don't _use_ them, but I have tested the code works...)

Sometimes I worry about the huge duplication we often bring upon
ourselves, which just generates more work for everyone. We should
start to share. Why have 2 gui ppp apps, when we could have one that
rocked?

IMHO of course.

Tom.
--