Re: Stability and Gnome's image among users

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 10:37:42AM -0400, jack wallen, jr wrote:

> this brings up a good point (not that anyone will read this post - seems
> like my posts generally fall on deaf ears) gnome needs a 'users' mailing
> list and i feel it necessary that this list name be changed to reflect
> it's nature.  this is not a user group.  this is a developers group -
> although i thought there was already a dev group available.

I think that this _should_ be a users' group. It has the right name; and as
you say, there's already a developers' one available. I think that the
problem here is not that this isn't intended to be a users' group, but more
that people aren't always making it a users' group. I have a feeling that a
lot of people do what I do, which is to read the devel list alongside this
one, and consequently don't always distinguish the groups; this is the
problem.

There have been discussions in the past about having newsgroups to do this.
I don't think any of the 'core' GNOME people ever came out and said anything
either way on this, although I could well have lost a message amidst the
noise.

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org