Re: Unidentified subject!

Tom Gilbert wrote:

> * Ben Frantzdale (frantzdb@admin.arhs.net) [99081722:25]:
> > This is because the way enlightenment does it is not great.
> >
> > Most WMs do it as follows:
> > hold alt, then each time you hit tab the next window on the list is
> > brought into focus. when you release alt, the list of windows is re
> > ordered such that the most recent window to have focus is on top.
> >
> > E does it this way:
> > It only thinks of alt+tab as one thing. Each time it gets an alt+tab from
> > the keybord it switches windows. what sucks is that instead of waiting
> > 'till you release alt, it waits .5 seconds once you've switched to a
> > window. if you are still focused on that window, the list is re ordered.
> >
> > This means that if you alt tab quickly, every window (that is not shaded
> > or iconified) will be focused in order. but if you do alt+tab, then hold
> > the alt for a second, then press tab again and repete, you will only go
> > back and fourth between the two most recently focused windows.
> >
> > I hope this is reasonably correct and clear. This is what I remember of
> > what raster told me when I asked after it. I think he plans on updating ig
> > for E0.16
>
> Enlightenment from CVS does alt-tab very nicely. Try the devel.4
> snapshot available from the www.enlightenment.org website, which
> includes a nicely working pager, icon-boxes, and loads more cool new
> features - if you're daring.
>
> (I use CVS e, and its always been unexpectedly stable (not one crash
> yet).
>
> Tom.

Unfortunately, the E CVS server has been down for some time now, so the
only way to get CVS E (if you don't have it already) via either the
website or ftp site.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill