Re: Saving panel config

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 06:25:36PM -0500, Mike wrote:

> The session manager I have now doesn't work especially well. It doesn't
> save settings a lot of the time and (on a daily basis so far, if not more
> often) have to recreate my panels. All I want to know is how to save the
> config. I have it how i like it and i do NOT want to change it. How can I do
> that?

I've just started getting this, too. In particular, any panels other than
the default one aren't saved; that panel comes up with only the default
applets (foot and clock) plus my launchers - I lose the pager and mixer
applets which I always have there.

I'm also having problems with interactions between e and GNOME on
configuring the root backdrop; if I tell GNOME not to configure the root,
then e won't configure it for the first desktop. If I tell GNOME to,
obviously it wins over e - either way I have to reset them by hand every
time I log in. Problem with e, or problem with GNOME (I assume the former)?

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org