Mouse configuration Help Please

Hi,
	Am a newbie to gnome. I am using enlightnment and gnome on top of it. Now I wish to have 4 seperate desk
tops (not one divided into 4 virtual ones). The problem is with the mouse settings. one of the desktops
the one I initially encounter seems to have reasonable mouse functions but the other 3 seem to have some problems.
Let me elaborate. I have a generic microsoft 2button ps/2 mouse ( yuck ). The right button produces a menu with
new (terminal,directory, launcher) etc. left button produces nothing ( just changes temporarily how the pointer looks)
and pressing bothe buttones to gether produces another menu with gnome applications etc all this in the first desktop.
in the other 3 desktops onlu the middle button (pressing both buttons together) works. I have 2 questions how
do I configure the mouse so that I can specify my own menus. secondly how do I make it work uniformly across
desktops. Any pointers emailed to me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
									Arun.