Re: Modem Lights

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 03:52:04PM -0400, Juan Martinez wrote:
> You might try checking the lock file created.
>
> By default, modem lights is looking for '/var/lock/LCK..modem'
> I believe the status of the connection is determined by the
> existence of this file.
>
> If your script is creating '/var/lock/LCK..cua0' then you'll
> have to either change your script to use /dev/modem or change
> the setting in the 'Advanced' tab of modem lights to match the
> file your scripts are creating.

Note you really should not be using cua* devices.  Linux 2.2 frowns
upon cua, and 2.4 won't know what you're talking about.  Use ttyS*
instead.

--
Ian Peters  | GnuPG Key ID 5C23D20C    | "They shout about love but when push
itp@gnu.org | E584 2558 FAC3 BEAB EFAC |  comes to shove, they live for things