Re: White Space (Re: UI suggestion: gnome-dock)

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Ben Frantzdale wrote:

> toolbar would be to right click on it to get a context menu, then select
> "icons only" or "text only" also sometimes it's useful to have different
> programs have this set differeently so having this be a global property
> isn't always ideal.

I can't agree with this more.  I often like having both text and icons, at
least at first, when I am first learning an app.  but things I have used
forever, or that I have open a lot (such as gmc) I would like to be able
to turn off the text.  It is really annoying that it has to be an all or
nothing thing.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf
gandalf@pobox.com       gandalf@darkcorner.net