All these ideas

Dear all,

It's great seeing how so many people on the list(s) want to get involve,
suggest new features, etc., but I think we really need is a centralised
method of getting these proposals public.

Searching the www.gnome.org site isn't particularly great fun, but I did
notice three things:

1. The screenshots are badly in need of updating. How about implementing
the same type of thing e.themes.org uses whereby people can upload their
own shots and have the latest ones on display, plus an archive?

2. I've been wondering what exactly Bonobo is. I took a look at
developer.gnome.org but none of the top-level entries mentioned it. Maybe
this should be addressed?

3. The important bit: there is a tasks page for people to submit their
ideas for others to implement/join up on. However, there exists two
entries, both on 7th June. There is no obvious way of adding a suggestion
either. This needs addressing.

Maybe Jim Cape's UI website could be moved onto the main www.gnome.org
site as /ui/ and the icon project be expanded where applicable to become
/art/ ? On both people would be able to submit their own views and work
(particularly art) and download extras (again particularly art). Either
way, other than the GNOME Software Map, I get the impression that
gnome.org is frustratingly non-interactive.

There is also (imo) the need for a well-advertised page on the site to
direct people to the various projects going on.

Can these issues be addressed?

Thanks,
--
James Green