Re: Usability suggestions

Warren Young wrote:

> I have two suggestions for the GNOME environment I'd like to see added.
> Neither would be terribly difficult, and neither strays radically from
> fundamental design decisions like many of those in that _other_ thread.
>
> 1. This has already been suggested at least once before, but I want to
> second it: a way to align icons on the desktop to some grid whose box
> sizes you can set.  Windows 95 and later have this in their "Line up
> icons" item on the right-click menu.  A tidy desktop leaves a much
> better impression than one whose icons are slightly out of kilter with
> respect to each other.  I lack the patience to line them up by hand.

I have something to add to this suggestion.  I think in KDE the icons
are lined up automatically.  I would actually prefer this method of
automatically lining up icons over haveing to select a menu item the way
windows does.  In fact I think Windows was really foolish for doing
things that way, because who wants their icons all cluttered.  If anyone
does then I guess it should just be an option, but I, for one, never
like my icons cluttered.
								Sincerely,
								Patrick Markiewicz