Re: Ease of use (was Call for constructive user criticism.)

> You have a point. Well, for gnome 2.0 programs, we can say "use libglade"
> and do the 2 interfaces. Then whoever wants their program to be gnome 2.0
> complient can use the new method. Older gnome 1.0 programs will still
work,
> but just wont be able to switch modes.

Please don't. As
a) It's a new dependancy that we need for gnome (And people are complaining
that there's already enough libraries needed).
b) I have to use Glade to design my interfaces. I don't want to use Glade to
design my interfaces. It's a nice program and everything, but I don't like
using GUI builders. I like designing interfaces by hand. I don't think it's
fair to say "That program is not Gnome 2 complient because you took the hard
way and didn't use glade".
c) I've still to think of an advantage for being able to change how the gui
looks. I think one of the worst features about ICQ on windows is the "Simple
mode" and "Advanced Mode" that sounds very like what this is about, possibly
because it seems slightly insulting.

Iain