Re: Ease of use (was Call for constructive user criticism.)

+++ Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 10:33:20AM -0700 +++
Fox, Kevin M e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> I think a solution would be to use 2 skins for each program. A simple skin
> and a complex one. There can be an option in gnomecc to set the user into
> guru mode. LibGlade can help do this. The user would have a simple
> noncomplex "toaster like" program if they aren't in guru mode, and us guru's
> get all the advanced features.

That sure sounds great, but it would be a huge effort. The kind of
suggestion Jim only wants to accept if some people come along with it,
willing to code it. And I think Jim is right at that.

It would be easier to change the individual applications so they
feature user interfaces which are both efficient and easy to use
instead of doing huge rewrites separating front-end from back-end and
splitting all the features up into two front-ends for each program.

mawa
--
Die Hälfte aller Deutschen ist unterdurchschnittlich intelligent.