Re: UI suggestion: gnome-dock

Daniel Serodio wrote:

>         I just noticed that you can't change the order of gnome-dock toolbars. For
> example, in Netscape, you have 3 toolbars in the top. You can drag the top one
> below the second and it will stay there. In AbiWord, we have 3 bars on the
> top, but if you drag the menu to below the toolbar, for instance, it won't
> stay there. (sorry if that's a little confuse)
>         Don't you guys think we should be able to do it? Also, there was some
> discussion on the list some time ago about docking the toolbar beside the
> menubar for instance, or docking 2 menubars on the same row (like you can on
> M$ Word). What do you think?

Ok, but the GNOME toolbars are huge. In MS products, the toolbar buttons
are pretty small, and can fit on the same line as a menubar because of
this. in GNOME, the toolbars are much bigger, and would cause a huge
gap. As others have said, it is possible to do this, I just question the
value of it.

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
     pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
        -- Winston Churchill