(Q) Simple question on dip/slip

I have what is probably a very simple problem with GNOME.
I have a simple dip script for setting up a SLIP connection.
When I run it in a terminal window it works fine.
When I try to set up an Application Launcher to run it,
it runs and immediately exits, closing the SLIP connection.
I guess it has something to do with shells.
Any suggestions?

The command in the Application Launcher just reads "dip myscript.dip".

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim@maths.tcd.ie