Re: Talking to a wall? (tactless, yet rude:)

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 08:30:42PM -0500, James M. Cape wrote:

> > Recently I posted an idea regarding the panel: it would be nice if
> > panel launchers hadn't got that 1-pixel border around that prevents
> > them from being clicked if the mouse pointer is pinned against the
> > edge of the screen.

[snip]

> > There were no replies to my original point.
>
> I have recieved 250+ e-mails regarding GNOME in the past two days, and
> am constructing a website nearly from scratch to handle all of this in
> the process, under the ostensible goal of updating the existing website,
> and then moving it to developer.gnome.org. I will process all requests,
> add them to the website, and hopefully respond to all suggestions
> personally. If you don't get a response right away, don't worry, thus
> far I have only responded to the outlandish or the large scale, and only
> added the smaller stuff.

Erm ... isn't this precisely what the 'wishlist' category of the buglist is
for? If we end up with two distinct lists, this is (a) wasteful, (b) lossy
(because most people will only consult one when looking for things to do),
(c) confusing.

Given that bug reports are sometimes actually feature requests, using the
bug tracking system strikes me as the right way of doing this. Having a more
accessible, more obvious, wishlist web page generated from this would be a
bonus.

James

  James Aylett                                           www.zap.uk.eu.org
  james@tartarus.org                                    www.footlights.org