Re: Metadata (was Re: Folder Icons)

Matthias Warkus wrote:

> We would do this with metadata anyway, I presume (Hey ho! Finally
> something metadata is good for!), so we don't scatter files anywhere
> and we can thus make settings even for files we don't own and in whose
> directories we can't write.

Since metadata is available, I might aswell see what I can do with it
so:
Would it be possible to have a master metadata DB on a CD, so that when
I went about distributing my CD to clients the folders would have
meaningful icons?

Is there any documentation on what can be done with Metadata in Gnome?

Andre