Re: GNOME plans (--> mail clients)

Lubos Gelo wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 1999 07:13:30 Havoc Pennington wrote:

	My comments, about your killer-app.

> I feel that email killer-app for Gnome should be:
>
> - good looking (design and look is VERY important)

	Very important indeed, agree 100%.
> - simple and easy to use

	Also agree, but look below.

> - self-contained (it should not depend on fetchmail, procmail and others)

	Don't agree, I think that a gnome-mailer should be able to use this
actions using the system resources. My idea is the following:

	1. Create a CORBA fetchmail server, that calls fetchmail and fetchs
your mail.
	2. Create a email capplet for the gnome control-center. This could be
inteligent enougth in comming up with a inteligent default based on the
user name, hostname.

	3. The email client would simply use the corba server to ask politely
to the server fetch mails and send the new ones.

> - secure (support for GPG/PGP is simple MUST, support for POP/IMAP over SSL or
>   SASL would be nice too)

	Smime too? I don't know why but I never saw a free implemantation of
SMime.

	As you usualy say this is just my two cents. :-)

--
"You take the red pill and you stay in wonderland,
and I'll show you how deep the rabit hole goes", Morpheus.

[]'s Victor Bogado da Silva Lins