Re: Call for constructive user criticism.

> 1. Gnome needs to improve the (install process | upgrade process) there
> are to many small files / libraries that break one another it seems like
> when you up grade one program You have to up grade another library or
> two. After that you find some other program is broken. You can not back
> out what you just done because of newly created dependencies.

This should not be the case for any release after GNOME 1.0.  WE have
kept the APis backwards binary compatible, which means that if you
upgrade libraries, no application should break.

[We might have screwed up, but only in a small case]

> 2. Gnome developers need to stop stepping on one another set something
> as stable base library combine that into one binary. All programs should
> be built against the stable base or core.

That is what we have now.  I have been particularly careful to be
always back-bin-compat for the libraries we release.  Perhaps you are
using stuff from CVS?

Miguel.