Re: Call for constructive user criticism.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

>    Here is what we need:

Users use rpms or other such tools to install, they (me) don't
understand all the scattered files that dot the many directories like
weeds in a garden.

1. Gnome needs to improve the (install process | upgrade process) there
are to many small files / libraries that break one another it seems like
when you up grade one program You have to up grade another library or
two. After that you find some other program is broken. You can not back
out what you just done because of newly created dependencies.

2. Gnome developers need to stop stepping on one another set something
as stable base library combine that into one binary. All programs should
be built against the stable base or core.

>    1. A team of *users* that would tell us what they would like to see
>       in GNOME:

The interface is fine for now. Make the system very very stable first.

Last I tried to look through the bugs data base, there was more than 400
bugs over 60 days old.

Perhaps a week or two of bug clean up first.

Usability does not mean shit if the system is full of bugs.

I would be glad to try and help with bug clean up If I knew where the
stable edge was, and could get my copy of the gnome interface on some
sort of even keel.

Sorry I just had to Rant / Vent

Dennis Lee