Re: panel widget as library?

James Green <gnome@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Here's what I would like: Make the desktop a directory served up by two
> distinct methods:
>
> 1. a web page rendered by a mozilla object served by a file or httpd (so
> we can use includes for when we have net connections); basic filesystem
> functionality intact such as (g)mc functionality;
>
> 2. a bonoba object which might look a lot like the above, but with
> embedded objects from varous gnome-aware apps to say have a spreadsheet
> from gnumeric pop up in the desktop or whatever.

(Although my intention wasn't exactly active desktop...)

If you have a bonobo desktop then you can have one rendered via html for
free (well after a bonobo-ized mozilla).  Otherwise you can have one
done by whatever you like, if there isn't an html requirement.

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum