A few gnome/enlightenment bugs/questions

I'm not quite sure where these bugs or misconfigurations come
from, and I haven't been able to find anything in the relevant faqs or
docs.  First off, I find that gmc's root-window menus only work on the
first desktop.  Next, the panel goes NUTS(redrawing constantly and
flickering) when I change desktops.  Window Z-Order gets shuffled when I
change desktops (IE, the window I left on top on Desktop 1 is no longer on
top when I change to another desktop and then change back).  Finally, the
panel gets covered up by windows, instead of being always-on-top.  I
appreciate any help.
                        -Nolan