Re: A few gnome/enlightenment bugs/questions

> I'm not quite sure where these bugs or misconfigurations come
> from, and I haven't been able to find anything in the relevant faqs or
> docs.  First off, I find that gmc's root-window menus only work on the
> first desktop.  Next, the panel goes NUTS(redrawing constantly and
> flickering) when I change desktops.  Window Z-Order gets shuffled when I
> change desktops (IE, the window I left on top on Desktop 1 is no longer on
> top when I change to another desktop and then change back).  Finally, the
> panel gets covered up by windows, instead of being always-on-top.  I
> appreciate any help.
>                         -Nolan

I am having the same problem with the Gnome panel, is there a
command I can run to bring it to the top?  Or perhaps there is a
setting somewhere that needs changing.  Also when I first loaded
gnome and enlightenment and started X the file manager and the
browser are run at startup.  Is there a place in the dir structure that
has links or something to these programs that make them startup
like this?  One more thing, I think some of my files are corrupted, I
get various erros about certain lines in the sources.  How do I go
about verifying that my RPMs are intact so I canreinstall them?  I
did this once before but I have forgotten.  RPM -qsomething *rpm is
all I remember.

Cheers!

Derek E. Mart
A+ Technician