Re: mounting/unmounting devices for newbies

There is work continuing in that realm. I could've sworn I've seen an
automounter app in one of my bins. At least a few Window Maker dock-apps
are geared toward easily mounting and unmounting disks, and the last
GNOME I used had a panel-app you could use to mount/umount your drives.
However, the fact we are on PC's and using those drives, auto-detection
can be challenging. Macintoshes have a different floppy drive setup that
PC's could learn from, but that's unlikely, so the manual mount/unmount
will continue to be the norm, be it from the commandline, a GNOME Panel
app or a Dock-App. Actually, once you've done it a few times, other than
not being as convenient as simply popping in a disk and yanking it out,
the mount/umount procedure really isn't too much trouble. If the fs is
pretty much the same, you could write a couple of scripts for each
removeable device and run it to quickly mount/umount a drive, but you'd
only be saving a few keystrokes at best...

Mike