Re: Window managers

> But what you are saying is that Gnome is dependant on Enlightenment,
> which I thought it wasn't. Silly me.

You are reading my text, but you are not trying to understand it.  You
are trying to prove your point without paying attention to the facts.

Fact is: the GNOME RPMs produced by Red Hat depend on E to be
installed, because the people at Red Hat doing the RPMs believe that
it is on the best end-user interested to provide a working system by
default for these people.  Seasoned users can always fix this problem
themselves.

Now, the GNOME *team* only provides code in source code format.  It is
up to system integrators (like Red Hat) or volunteers (like the ones
that contributed Debian, Slackware packages) to package GNOME in a
easy to use format.

Now, GNOME works with a number of window managers.  For example, I use
fvwm2-gnome myself and my friend Arturo uses icewm.  We are both
compiling gnome from source code and we do customize it to our own
needs.

I hope this explains the situation.

Miguel.