Re: where do applications go? (iconify app not show anymore)

On 27 Apr, richard.harding@southsomerset.gov.uk wrote:
>      its fairly simple :)  ( is this in the faq yet anybody?)
>
>      You need to add the gnome-pager applet to the panel or;
>
>      check the setting in e-conf ( via cc ) that controls display of
>      iconised apps :)

I've actually had situations where the pager has crashed, but the
process is still going and grabbing iconified applications. More
annoying is when this happens on GNOME startup. Killing the pager
process in turn kills the panel and then you have to restart. Needless
to say, the session management goes all pear-shaped and you lose all
your nicely set up desktop :-(

I've not had this happen since I started using the post 1.0.0 core etc.
Saying that, I don't use the GNOME pager any more other than for
process management. Turn off the pager and just use the task list which
is fixed to a given size. The pager applet was/is just too flakey. A
combination of the E pager and the Gnome task manager is great. A
smaller, standalone process manager would be great though.

rik
--
ATM-Multimedia Group        |  tel: +44(0)113 2336589                    -o)
School of Computer Studies  |  fax: +44(0)113 2335468                    /\\