Re: gnome starts up slow - session problems

+++ Mon, Apr 26, 1999 at 04:14:26PM +0200 +++
Richard Hult e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> > GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
> > Authentication Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
> > authentication rejected.
>
> I have seen this a lot too, lately. I have the latest versions of everything
> from anoncvs. I have noticed that if I remove .gnome/session it works a for
> a while, but then the problem gets back.

Having .xinitrc run xhost to add and thus authorise the localhost
helps.

mawa
--
Do you want to share my ever-expanding collection of signature
cookies? mawa is your friend: e-mail mawa@iname.com - I'm always happy