In .xsession-log: gnome-smproxy: unable to connect to session manager

Hi there,

First congrats to all the gnomers for the really great work
you've done so far. I run the latest gnome RPM's on my Dell
Inspiron 3500 laptop and it looks just great.

But I have an annoying problem I couldn't track down so far. From
time to time the login process is soooo slow and then I have all
these log messages in .xsession-log:

gnome-smproxy: unable to connect to session manager
GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connectino to session manager:
Authenticatio Rejected, reason : MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 authentication
rejected.

What't the reason for that and how can I fix it. I'm using gdm and
I speciality could be that my laptop has a network connection only
from time to time (eth0 configured), but not always.

Thanks for any hints
Alois