Re: Netscape and Gnome

Nils Jeppe wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 mark@hoist.nlcomm.com wrote:
>
> > an incredible memory hog... it drives me nuts on my machine with
> > 90 megs of RAM; I can't imagine the pain of running it with 16 megs.
>
> Well, I ran my P60 using 40MB and 64MB. 64 is okay most of the time...
> unless you want to run Gnome, Netscape, StarOffice, and a kernel compile
> at the same time ;-)
>
> > Note: the only worse memory hog than Gnome is Netscape - NS is
>
> Actually in my experience That Other GUI For Linux is a bit more memory
> inetnsive ;)

and the worst of all is StarOffice.... Wanted to make a presentation once and
created
a fancy 3D object which I wanted to animate. That's where things got slow....
checked with top and almost got a crisis:  it was eating up unbelievable

up to know my record with Netscape is 60MB, which isn't bad neither.....
(after 3 days I  must admit)

to the original poster:   do yourself a favour and get some MEM, will help
alot.....

remo