Re: Solaris 2.6 compile & install: How-I-did-it

Brian Kurotsuchi wrote:

> Paul, great writeup.  I should have documented all the done that too, but I
> was too lazy.  Many people will find this info useful.  Would you be
> interested in turning your notes into a web page and putting it together with
> the binary distribution pages that I'm doing?  That way we have support for
> both people who want packages and those who want to build from source.
>
> BK

Ta very much! It wasn't easy building it from scratch (for me, anyway).
Hopefully it'll encourage people to try it on other platforms, get it
stable.

I remain amazed at how much progress Gnome has made in just the last
month or two. It feels very "right", just gotta get some stability!

I am refining my guidenotes a bit for shared libs & optimisation.
A web page is a great idea - I'll do one real soon.

Maybe I could link it to your binary releases, that's gotta help get
some
Solaris users on board...

Paul.

--