Re: Gnome on FreeBSD??? No Luck!!!

> I've been trying to get gnome to compile on FreeBSD 3.1 with very little
> success. I can manage to compile all the sources up to
> libgtop-1.0.1.tar.gz....which is where it dies!

I had the same problem...

> "/usr/local/lib/libgnomesupport.so: undefined reference to 'dgettext'"

You need to do one of two things...

One, just dissable gettext all together.  There's an option to the
configure script that will do this for you.  I don't recall what it is
right now.... should be noted in the README.  something like
--dissable-gettext I imagine.

Two, tell it where your libs are.  On freeBSD they are in /usr/local/lib,
so do this:
INTLLIBS="-L/usr/local/lib"; export INTLLIBS
on a bash-like shell or use setenv on a c shell.

I'm typeing from a windows box at school, so I'm doing this from my
(shoddy) memory.  If this doesn't work email me personally and I'll look
it up on my FreeBSD box.

Cheers!
-je*/

  Josh Emmons...j-emmons@sjca.edu