Re: Could someone please respond...

Hi,

This brings to mind a question that I have been pondering for some time
now. I'm have a FreeBSD box that I am currently trying to get gnome
running on...almost...and I'm wondering if there is any way for a "user"
to mount and use the neat floppy and cdrom stuff on the desktop??

Let me clarify... FreeBSD does *NOT* allow users to mount devices.
Period! So, knowing that this is the case with FreeBSD, do any of you
hackers out there know of any "tricks" to allow me to run as a user and
mount/access my floppy/cdrom from those cool icons on the desktop...with
only a double click of the mouse??

Any help would be great!!
--
Devin.