Re: Could someone please respond...

Well it may be possible to compile the linux version of the mount command,
and add the user option to some entries in /etc/fstab.  You would need to
make the linux version of mount setuid root.

The way that linux allows some devices to be mounted by users is not linux
specific.  Basically the mount program is setuid, and allows users to
mount devices with the user tag.  Note that this has in the past (and
maybe still is) a source of security holes.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/