Re: Could someone please respond...

Folks,
I have had some interim success.  It appears that in order for the
're-create desktop shortcuts' to pick up the CD-ROM and Floppy, one must
set the 'user' option in /etc/fstab, REGARDLESS of the user.  I tried as
root without the 'user' option and it failed; adding the 'user' option
fixed it.  Tonight I will try this at home.

Thank you all for chiming in and helping me.  I hope others benefited as
well.

Sincerely,
Tim

Gleef wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Brandon J. Peterson wrote:
> >       What changes in /etc/fstab do you have to make to allow regular
> > users to mount your cdrom and floppy?  Thanx...
>
> You need to add "user" to the options column of fstab.  Check out fstab(5)
> and mount(8) for more info.
>
> Best of Luck,
> -Gleef
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Lewis;Timothy
tel;work:760-761-4673
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.timelinevista.com
org:Timeline Vista, Inc.;Operations
adr:;;1755 La Costa Meadows Dr., Suite "B";San Marcos;CA;92069;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tlewis@digaudio.com
title:Manufacturing Quality Engineer
fn:Timothy Lewis