gnome and handicapped access..

In slashdot.org, there was a link to a discussion paper about computers
and handicapped access (http://www.connact.com/~esj/ha.html).

I think this is a problem that gnome will have to address sooner or
later,
and it might be good to start thinking about it now..

I think most people in this list use a computer a lot, and thus we are
vulnerable to RSI (repeated stress  injuries) to  our hands and wrists
etc
so this may become important to us sooner than later..

The last couple of weeks I've started having pain in my hands when I
type and use a mouse..  I've been looking into more ergonomic
equipement..

Something like speech recognition for gnome would be a godsend at the
moment ;-)  (I think a general api would be good, so that different
systems can be provide the core recognition..)

Ryan

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne