Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

> "Jesse D . Sightler" wrote:
>
> > Exchange supports POP/IMAP.  Therefore, fetchmail can access it.  Simple, eh?
> >
> > Calendaring integration, however, is another issue, and really ought to be addressed.
> >

> Hear Hear!  Now all we need to do is work out how the calendaring works (and contacts), but that is for later.

from http://www.imap.org/whatisIMAP.html

There is a companion protocol to IMAP, developed at Carnegie Mellon
University. It is called the "Application Configuration Access Protocol", or
ACAP, and provides the same location independent access to
configuration files, address books, bookmark lists, etc, that IMAP offers for
mailboxes.

See  http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/acap/

It might be worth looking at (I just saw it so don't ask me anything about it
:) )

> BTW should we move this thread to the gnome-mailer-list ?

*sigh*  Another list to join...

/Erik

--
                            \|/