Re: Could someone please respond...

Sri,
I am sorry I am not being clear.  Here is the situation.
I have ALL of the current RPMs from
ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0/redhat/i386.  These include all of
GNOME, Enlightenment, and GMC, etc.  GMC works fine, puts desktp links
up for GNOME's Web site, The Linux Documentation Project, and my Home
Directory.  A right-click on my desktop yields the GMC menu.  This menu
does not contain the menu selection 'Re-scan mountable devices'.  It is
my understanding that if this option were present, selecting it would
place an icon for the floppy and CD-ROM on my desktop.

So my question/problem is, "How do I get this menu item to appear in my
GMC desktop menu?"

Thanks for your help, Sri.
Tim

Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> Okay, let me get this straight, you want to be able to have teh re-scan
> mountable devices option on the root menu under enlightenment correct?  ie
> you click on the middle button and one of the options is "re-scan
> mountable devices"?
>
> I'm asking for clarification because usually the click on the first button
> will give you all of gmc's desktop options.  You will need to have gmc
> running though otherwise it doesn't show.  I think this is the only way I
> know of to get to the re-sacn mountable devices, since that is a function
> of gmc.
>
> If you wanted to do it from enlightenment's root menu, there would have to
> be some external program that would tell gmc to re-scan it's mountable
> devices.  Probably more trouble than it's worth to implement.
>
>         sri
>
> > I am using the current Enlightenment .15.5.
> > Tim

> > > Under which windowmanager?
> > >
> > >         sri
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
> > > email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
> > > phone: 503-356-1078    \|/
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
> email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
> phone: 503-356-1078    \|/
begin:vcard
n:Lewis;Timothy
tel;work:760-761-4673
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.timelinevista.com
org:Timeline Vista, Inc.;Operations
adr:;;1755 La Costa Meadows Dr., Suite "B";San Marcos;CA;92069;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tlewis@digaudio.com
title:Manufacturing Quality Engineer
fn:Timothy Lewis