Re: gnome-terminal exits immediately under Solaris 2.6

> From: Lyndon Drake <lyndon@stat.auckland.ac.nz>

> I really don't know what could be the problem.  I'm not a Solaris expert,
> but I really want to get Gnome going by the end of next week.  It's a new
> server, and I think people will like Gnome better than fvwm.  The terminal
> isn't really essential, as people can just continue using xterms, but it
> would be nice to get it going.

I'd recommend ETerm actually - I use that mostly, which is why it took me so
long to notice that Gnome-terminal was broken again.

There are people on this list with some expertise here.  The odd thing is that
Gnome-terminal *never* worked right until just before 1.0 was released, and
someone figured out what was hanging it up on Solaris.  Then 3 dot-dot releases
later, it's failing worse than it ever did before =OZ

Oh well, lets hope it gets fixed again =OZ

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub