Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.
- From: atmczen ibm net
- To: Jim Gettys <jg pa dec com>
- Cc: gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:16:47 -0700
Hello Mr. Gettys,
On Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:45:43 -0700
firstname.lastname@example.org (Jim Gettys) wrote:
> * everything is indexed. What look like folders are just search
> queries. Besides queries on the message and/or headers, the messages
> can have labels attached (all your inbox is is incoming mail with
> an inbox label attached) and labels can take part in search
Sounds very good to me. A few questions if I may ask:
* Does the system allow me to add multiple attributes to the messages?
I could then perform a query based on those attributes at any later
time.(Is this what the 'labels' do?)
* Are the labels limited to any number per message?
* Can I nest the labels?
> Once you've lived this way, you never want to go back...
I can see that.
----------/* E-Mail : <email@example.com > */----------
] [Thread Prev