Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

Hello Mr. Gettys,

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:45:43 -0700
jg@pa.dec.com (Jim Gettys) wrote:

> * everything is indexed.  What look like folders are just search
> 	queries.  Besides queries on the message and/or headers, the messages
> 	can have labels attached (all your inbox is is incoming mail with
> 	an inbox label attached) and labels can take part in search
> 	queries.
Sounds very good to me.  A few questions if I may ask:
* Does the system allow me to add multiple attributes to the messages?
  I could then perform a query based on those attributes at any later
  time.(Is this what the 'labels' do?)

* Are the labels limited to any number per message?

* Can I nest the labels?

> Once you've lived this way, you never want to go back...
I can see that.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------