Capturing the GNOME panel ...

I am using GNOME as the topic of a paper for a grad course I am taking and
would like to provide a few screenshots.  One screenshot I want to include
is a capture of the panel with a menu and a drawer extended.  I tried
doing this with 'import -window [panel-id] -delay 5' and then extending
the drawer and the main menu before the five seconds is up, but I only get
the main panel with no menu or drawer.  The problem lies in the fact that
the drawer has a different ID than the panel, and possibly the menu as
well.  I tried using -descend but that didn't work either.

What is the best way to capture the panel with all its children?

thanks,
ian.

--
ian stevens                                   "I do not want anyone to want for
dreams in corduroy                             me - I want to want for myself."