Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 09:31:28AM -0700, bob@kehs.ksd.org wrote:
> no, an exchange server would be a bad idea... a calander or a address book
> server (maby even a bookmark server) would be a good thing but reinventing
> the wheel is a bad thing... imap/pop works just fine so there is no reason
> to make the grave mistake microsoft made when they made exchange...

Maybe so, but why not also support an existing standard, if at all possible.
Lots of large organisations and companies happen to use Exchange Server,
and I'm afraid it will take a few more Melissa's before they switch.

As far as I understand, Exchange Server is just IMAP with a non-standard
authorization and probably some extensions. (Does anyone know of a way
to access the server using a decent mailprogram like netscape?)

Ronald