Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

Erik Bagfors wrote:

> opps...sent this message only to Miguel first.  Should have been to the list.
> Here it is
>
> > * Mail storage
> >
> >    This will handle the handling of the mail input backend, supporting
> >    various existing setups: imap, pop, spool mail, Mailbox, MH. We can
> >    steal the design for the interface from GNUS.
>
> Please please please please.  Could we have support for disconnected imap??  I
> have not yet found any mailprogram for unix that does support this.  Does
> anyone know of such a thing?

Disconnected IMAP sounds wonderful, if it is available as a feature, it certainly would make my, (and alot of other peoples) life easier.

Miguel,

When you said:

being able to link the addressbook
with corporate address book services; schedule appointments.

Does that mean that Exchange server is possibly on the list?, as the only person where I work that uses Linux full time, I could do with address book and calendar scheduling that works with everybody else in the company.

How hard would this be to implement?  Does anyone know how Exchange server implements address books and calendar synchronisation?

Just my 2 euro cents worth,

Keep up the good work,

Phil Trickett

P.S. At a later date, I would be willing to work on a couple of applications for GNOME.  What do I have in mind? Well a sychroniser / backup system for a Psion Series 5, and a project based on the gnokii software, which would allow you read/send SMS from your panel.

Sounds like a great way to get to know GNOME !!

Philip Trickett, Electronic Systems Manager     philipt@informatic.ie
Marine Informatics, 64 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2. Republic of Ireland
Tel:+353-1-475-2924 Fax:+353-1-475-2952 http://www.informatic.ie/marine/