Re: GNOME Open/Save Dialog - where did this thread go to

+++ Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 07:35:12PM -0700 +++
Justin Ross e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
[mount points, drives and Granny]

Well, this is all, like, totally wonderful... but let's not create
some kind of "drive letter" scheme or other kind of abstraction that
distracts from what "drives" really are: nodes in one big directory
tree where removable media have been mounted.

Any shortcut to them is appreciated, but please don't make mount
points look like they're somehow special.

mawa
--
I know a lot less ... than many of the readers ..., so I'm probably
wrong and you shouldn't have read this message at all.  Just because