Re: Rebuild failure w/gnome-libs-1.0.8-1rh.src.rpm

In message <3716B3EE118.AFB3ATMCZEN@smtp-gw01.ny.us.ibm.net>,
atmczen@ibm.net w
rites:
> Hi Bob,
>
> On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 00:50:42 -0700
> Bob Taylor <brtaylor@inreach.com> wrote:
>
> > All well and good. However, the packager (name escapes me) has stated the
> > rpms are built against a stock Red Hat 5.2 and that's what I have.
> I think he said or meant 'with all fixes and updates'.

Unfortunately the three files you mention below are not in the updates.

[snip]

> > P.S. Do you know where I can get rpms for updated autoconf and automake?
> ftp://your-favorite-gnome-mirror/pub/GNOME/extra-src/RPMS/noarch/
> There are 3 tools.  Grab all of them.

Yeah! autoconf-2.13-1.noarch.rpm, automake-1.4-1.noarch.rpm, and
libtool-1.2d-1.noarch.rpm. Sheesh! I am *sure* I looked there when I
downloaded the extra-src files and it was *empty*.

> P.S.:
> Your mail to me seems to be a private mail.  If you don't mind,
> please summarize this exchange and forward it to the mailing list. It
> would be of some help to those who suffering the same problem.  Thank
> you.

Sorry about that. I failed to check the To: field. :-( I've cc'd this to
gnome-list.

BTW, I forgot to tell you I'm on an Alpha LX164.

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|