Re: debug of my problems with mc 4.5.30

Hi sri,

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:03:21 -0700 (PDT)
Sri Ramkrishna <sri@aracnet.com> wrote:

> Should I be doing a clean afterwords?
No.

> > Now you should be able to compile without error
>
> Unfortunately, this is not the case. I still have the exact same error.

Sorry to hear that.

You might have older version of orbit-idl or gnome-factory.idl lying
around.

Try:
cd /scratch/mc-4.5.30/gnome
rm FileManager*
`which orbit-idl` -I `\`which gnome-config\` --datadir`/idl \
../idl/FileManager.idl

Then check the size of FileManager.h.  This file is generated by
orbit-idl.  If it is 5150 byte, you should be able to finish your
compilation.  If it is smaller, you have a bad copy of orbit-idl or
gnome-factory.idl somewhere in your system.

> I'm still puzzled as where POA_FileManager_Window is defined.  It makes a
> typedef to a struct of which one of it's members is
> POA_Gnome_FileManager_Window.  However, the definition for this is not
> found anywhere.  It's a macro or a typedef in itself and it must be
> containing an error otherwise I wouldn't have gotten a parsing error.
FileManager.idl can inherit error from gnome-factory.idl, which is
the symptom showing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Zen

----------/* E-Mail : <atmczen@ibm.net > */----------