Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.30 is released

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  All right how difficult would it be to implant my modest idea.
> >
> >  Having an option to swap the 1st and 2nd mouse button when doing drags
> >  within GMC.
>
> I already said that it is Gtk+, not Gnome, who decides what actions to
> take based on the button used and the modifier keys.  Your proposal
> still requires changes to Gtk+ and global configurability options.

I am sorry for being extremely ignorant but don't you have to tell Gtk+
what to do after a drop has been performed.  I really don't understand
what is fully going on but my understand of Gtk+ is that events are
bound to functions.  Now can't this function simply decide on what to do
based on the status of the swap option.  That is when a 1st button drag
release event is received the function that receives this event can
either perform the copy/move/link or prompt the user with a menu based
on the status of this option.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com