Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.30 is released

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >               1 2 3   Handedness     Accelerator     copy move link
> >       prompt  X 0 0                  copy  X     shft  X   0    0
> >       accel   0 X 0   X Left         move  0     ctrl  0   X    0
> >       context 0 0 X                  link  0     alt   0   0    X
> [snippety snip]
>
> Doing this requires:
>
>         - Changing Gtk+ so that it can read drag-and-drop
>           configuration data from one of the gtkrc files --- it is
>           Gtk+ who decides what actions to take based on the modifier
>           keys.
>
>         - Changing *all* the Gnome applications that use DnD to
>           support this model.
>
>         - Writing a capplet to let the user configure all this stuff
>           --- this has to work correctly in terms of gtkrc files.
>
> We are taking patches.

All right how difficult would it be to implant my modest idea.

Having an option to swap the 1st and 2nd mouse button when doing drags
within GMC.

This to me will be acceptable until a more complete solution is
available.

--
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk@home.com