Re: gtop question

"Igor S. Livshits" <igorl+gnome@life.uiuc.edu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am getting these errors continuously when I launch gtop:
>
> glibtop: glibtop_get_cpu (): Client requested field mask 7ff403c3fb4,
> but only have 403c3cc400000000.
> glibtop: glibtop_get_loadavg (): Client requested field mask
> f403c3fd4, but only have 403c3cc400000000.
>
> Any idea what may be causing these? I installed GNOME from all the
> latest sources (as of today) on top of a RH 5.2 system.

This is a small bug in the libgtop 1.0.1 tarball. I have now applied a
patch to GTop so it won't use the feature that cases this error if you
don't have a later version of GTop.

Well - this may sound a bit confusing ...

Simply use the libgtop 1.0.1 tarball and the latest GTop from CVS and it
will work fine.

(you can also use the latest libgtop from CVS, but this may be a bit
 buggy at the moment, so if you already have the tarball simply use it).

--
Martin Baulig - martin@home-of-linux.org - http://www.home-of-linux.org