Re: my sample applet seems to create a seperate panel

> I think I have a misbehaved applet, that seems to create a very large
> applet in a seperate panel.  Actually the first time I ran it, it crashed,
> then gnome-session tried to restart it, and detected another panel
> running.  Next thing I knew, I have two panels running.  Here is the code,
> and the sample config file that I used to create it.  Can someone compile
> it and see if it does the same thing.  I want to know if it's my machine
> set up or gnome-libs/gnome-core thats acting wierd.

This doesn't sound too clear.  Let me explain again.

I created an applet program 1st.c.  It's very basic.  I ran the program,
and it first made a very large size applet on my panel.  I removed it, and
try to rerun the applet.  This time, it crashed the panel. gnome-session
tried to restart the panel, but warned that there is another panel
running.  I waited too long to answer it and it disappeared.  Then another
panel showed up, with the last two applets repeated.

I then removed the two applets, reran my applet.  From then on, it started
creating another panel, with my applet being very large.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/