Re: Couple of Gnome programming problems

On 14 Apr 1999, Dave Cole wrote:

> *	The dialog that the user interacts with to discard resources
> 	is constructed using gnome_dialog_new(). Unfortunately, the
> 	GnomeDialog widget class sets up a default "delete_event"
> 	handler which automatically closes the dialog. I want to be
> 	able to prevent the dailog being killed via the window
> 	mananger.

You need to connect a signal handler to "close" which returns TRUE; this
will keep the close from taking effect. You can also use
gnome_dialog_set_close() to change what "close" means (hide or destroy).
"close" is emitted when the user hits Escape, or hits the window manager
decoration, or clicks a dialog button (this last is configurable by the
programmer; if you don't automatically close on any click, you should
call gnome_dialog_close() yourself at some point).

Havoc