Re: New RH RPMS - few minor 'bugs'

mwong4@po-box.mcgill.ca wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> My thanks and congradulations to the Gnome and Red Hat Labs teams for
> putting out a great product and FINALLY putting them into RPMS.
>
> I just have a few things that have seemed to go broke with the new RPMS.
>
> First off, linuxconf (the stock one that comes with RH5.2) don't work
> now.  It gives "remadmin (GUI frontend) exiting abnormaly"  May have
> something to do with the now glib10, gtk+10 packages?

Me too.

> Second GQmpeg segfausts on me now and GnoRPM gives the dreaded
>
> gnorpm: error in loading shared libraries
>: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> error!  I thought that this was a gcc/egcs conflict problem.

What happened is that you didn't upgrade gnorpm. The version now posted
has the same version and release number as the previous version that was
posted, but something about the compilation is incompatible. Call me
silly, but I thought this was exactly the kind of issue that *changing*
version/release numbers was supposed to avoid.

Uninstall your gnorpm and install the new one.

> Finally, there seems to be a file missing. /usr/lib/gnomeConf.sh  As I
> can't compile from SRPMS.
>
> So hopefully someone has workarounds or something.  I guess I could
> just change back to the old RPMS if I really wanted to.

I'm having an additional problem since upgrading: I can nolonger open
files with their associated application in gmc. I get an error message
"cannot open <file> with <application>".

Braden