Re: Upgrading from RPM to SOURCE

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Hall wrote:

> I personally think mixing RPMs and source packages is bad... It can be done
> though.

Is there a tool that allows you to tell the RPM database that you have
installed something?  I would rather just lie to the database, and when I
install a source tar, tell it I had installed the equivalent RPM, rather
than using --nodeps all the time.  Then again knowing the correct RPM name
for a given tar might not be easy (though if it has a spec file it is)

-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf

...which like most Internet companies is nonprofit but unlike the others, is
nonprofit by design. - Pete Danko (Wired)